Water damage can be a significant issue in a home. Water damage can happen to anyone, for many reasons. The most common causes of water damage are:
– Water leaks. Of course, the most frequent cause of water damage restoration is a burst pipe. Damage to the water from an event like a storm or a roof leak are also reasons to consider. In most instances, however, the damage caused by a burst pipe is the most costly since it requires going to the attic, which usually involves tearing down the roof or ceiling.
– Drying. This is a lesser-known cause of the restoration costs associated with water damage but it’s worth mentioning. A standing water foot bath (or shower) is when you take a shower that does not have water coming out of the shower head. Because they are so damp, if the walls or floor become wet they can dry quickly. The growth of mold can occur if the water evaporates too quickly.
Average Cost of Water Damage Restoration. The cost of water damage restoration will vary depending on the extent of the damage. For minor damage, such as broken pipes the cost will usually be less than one-fourth of the estimated cost for hiring a restoration firm. Damage to water that is severe enough to cause a building to be shut down for several days and is insured will typically be more than half of the average repair costs for water damage.
– Carpeting drying out. It is possible that your carpets will require replacement if there has been extensive water damage. This will likely increase the cost of the repair job because you will need to purchase new carpeting and/or padding.
– Leaking Pipes. It is rare that a leaking pipe is the result of restoration of water damage. Most water damage incidents are caused by inadequate maintenance. Damage to water can be caused by a clogged sink, toilet, or drainage system, even in the event of an emergency. The cost for repair of the carpet is around two-thirds of what it would cost of replacing it.
– Drying Drying Wet Carpeting. If your home is completely soaked with water, your carpet will likely need to be dried out as soon as possible it could cost more than one-fourth the restoration costs for water damage per square foot. If you are required to clean up a flooded basement the drying process could be faster since the lower levels are typically dry. Even if your basement is dry, water damage might be present beneath the carpeting from the expansion and contraction caused by the drying of water. Calculate the area of the room in square feet. Then, multiply that figure by the average cost of water damage restoration per square foot. Know more about How can Cladosporium mold harm your health? here.
– Drying and Spills Sometimes, water damage restoration companies are called in on very wet days. The spill must be cleaned up immediately after it happens. The area affected by the spill needs to be cleaned and sanitized, so you will have employ a plumber get rid of the mess and ensure the area is properly dry. It could be necessary for spills that are larger to be cleaned out of carpets or wallpapers. Once the area is dry, the water damage restoration contractor will have to dry it out. This will cost more than hiring experts in water damage restoration.